Rylan Clark and Jeremy Vine say they are not the BBC presenter at centre of picture scandal

Date:

Share post:


Rylan Clark and Jeremy Vine have both taken to social media to distance themselves from reports that a top BBC star paid a vulnerable teenager £35,000 for sexual pictures that the youngster used to buy crack cocaine.

A presenter, who is described as well-known but has not been named, allegedly began paying the teenager when they were 17, and sent them the money which they used to fund a drug addiction.

The child’s mother, who has made the shocking allegations in May, told the Sun she feels ‘sick’ whenever she sees the man on TV, as questions grow over why it took so long for the corporation to act.

Today Rylan, who has presented on BBC Radio Two among a string of other work, was the first to declare he was not the host in question.

He wrote: ‘Not sure why my names floating about but re that story in The Sun – that ain’t me babe. 

Rylan Clark has taken to social media to clear his name amid reports that a top BBC star paid a vulnerable teenager £35,000 for sexual pictures that the youngster used to buy crack cocaine

Rylan Clark has taken to social media to clear his name amid reports that a top BBC star paid a vulnerable teenager £35,000 for sexual pictures that the youngster used to buy crack cocaine

Jeremy Vine (pictured) has also distanced himself from the allegations today

Jeremy Vine (pictured) has also distanced himself from the allegations today

‘I’m currently filming a show in Italy for the BBC, so take my name out ya mouths.’

Vine then also distanced himself from the claims, adding: Just to say I’m very much looking forward to hosting my radio show on Monday — whoever the ‘BBC Presenter’ in the news is, I have the same message for you as Rylan did earlier: it certainly ain’t me.’

The allegations were made to the corporation by the child’s mother in May, but the star remained on air for some time after that.

She told the Sun she feels ‘sick’ whenever she sees the man on TV.

Today, the BBC’s culture editor Katie Razzall said the presenter’s continued presence on its content after a serious allegation was made ‘leads to questions about what steps the Corporation took after the complaint.’

She said many questions were still unanswered, including how the investigation was undertaken and if it was appropriate for the unnamed presenter to remain on air following the allegation.

Criticism was also made on social media, with one user writing: ‘They were approached by the child’s parents with proof back in May! I’ve carried out many workplace investigations in my time and it certainly doesn’t take months!’ 

The unnamed star was said to have requested ‘performances’ from the individual, who told their mother they would then ‘get their bits out’.

The BBC said in a statement today that it treats any allegations ‘very seriously’, though it appeared to suggest that its initial investigation may have been hampered by a lack of response from the family.

The star was said to have requested ‘performances’ from the individual, now aged 20, who told their mother they would then ‘get their bits out’. 

It is claimed the star sent hundreds or even thousands of pounds at once, once depositing a sum of £5,000 in the teenager’s bank account. 

The stricken mother said: ‘Whenever I see him on telly, I feel sick.

‘I blame this BBC man for destroying my child’s life — taking my child’s innocence and handing over the money for crack cocaine that could kill my child.’

She continued: ‘The money had been in exchange for sexually explicit photographs of my child.’ 

The presenter at the heart of the investigation has reportedly been taken off air

A formal complaint was made to the BBC by the family two months ago, begging bosses to stop the behaviour towards their child, now 20

A formal complaint was made to the BBC by the family two months ago, begging bosses to stop the behaviour towards their child, now 20

The star, said to be known to millions, allegedly requested ‘performances’ from the teenager, who used the cash to fund their spiralling drug habit.

The explicit messages are said to have started in 2020. The family said the star did not hide his identity and even sent photographs to the teen while he was at work. 

The mother told the Sun their child went from a ‘happy-go-lucky youngster to a ghost-like crack addict’ in just three years.

It is claimed that even after the family complained, the star continued to send money and remained on air.

A BBC spokesperson told MailOnline: ‘We treat any allegations very seriously and we have processes in place to proactively deal with them.

‘As part of that, if we receive information that requires further investigation or examination, we will take steps to do this.

‘That includes actively attempting to speak to those who have contacted us in order to seek further detail and understanding of the situation. 

‘If we get no reply to our attempts or receive no further contact that can limit our ability to progress things but it does not mean our enquiries stop. 

‘If, at any point, new information comes to light or is provided — including via newspapers — this will be acted upon appropriately, in line with internal processes.’

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

spot_img

Related articles

Coveted Chrome Hearts Hoodie   Exploring Their Allure and Availability 

The coveted Chrome Hearts hoodie has captivated fashion fans around the world with its unique combination of luxury...

Essentials Clothing: A Fashion Staple

Introduction Welcome to the ultimate guide on Essentials Clothing, Essentials hoodie, and Tracksuits! If you're seeking trendy fashion essentials...

Why Custom Boxing Gloves Are Essential for Injury Prevention

Afraid of potential injuries that can occur during intense encounters? You’re not alone! The fear of getting severely...

Why Personalized Boxing Gloves are a Must-Have for Every Fighter

Personalized boxing gloves are surely a game-changer for fighters! You can now opt for more intense and injuryless...